HUOM! OPINTOJAKSOJEN TIETOJEN TÄYTTÄMISTÄ KOORDINOIVAT KOULUTUSSUUNNITTELIJAT HANNA-MARI PEURALA JA TIINA HASARI
1. Course title
Gas-filled radiation detectors and scintillators
2. Course code
This course was previously named: 53261 Radiation Detectors I - Scintillation and Gas-filled detectors (Säteilyn ilmaisimet I) 5 op.
3. Course status: optional
Master’s Programme in Particle Physics and Astrophysical Sciences
PAP3002 Advanced Studies in Particle Physics and Cosmology
- Study Track in Particle Physics and Cosmology
MATR3001 Advanced Studies in Experimental Materials Research and MATR3003 Advanced Studies in Medical Physics and Biophysics
- Study Track in Experimental Materials Physics
- Study Track in Medical Physics and Biophysics
-Is the course available to students from other degree programmes?
4. Course level (first-, second-, third-cycle/EQF levels 6, 7 and 8)
Master’s level, degree programmes in medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine = secondcycle
degree/EQF level 7
Doctoral level = third-cycle (doctoral) degree/EQF level 8
5. Recommended time/stage of studies for completion
This course can be taken in the middle and later stages of studies
6. Term/teaching period when the course will be offered
Lectured every second year (odd years) in the autumn term.
Two period course (I-II periods).
7. Scope of the course in credits
8. Teacher coordinating the course
Dr. Francisco Garcia
9. Course learning outcomes
10. Course completion methods
Exercises based on lectures.
Applicable already in the beginning of the Master's degree studies.
12. Recommended optional studies
Basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, electronics and statistics is a plus
13. Course content
14. Recommended and required literature
15. Activities and teaching methods in support of learning
16. Assessment practices and criteria, grading scale
Completion of exercises mandatory in order to pass to examination
17. Teaching language