Old Version 16
changes.mady.by.user Waldemar Kulig
New Version Current
changes.mady.by.user Eleanna Asvestari
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Wellbeing in our Village of Physics
The group for well-being at the Department of Physics was formed in the Autumn of 2017 and consists of the following members:
Minna Palmroth (chair), Flyura Djurabekova, Outi Haapanen, Thomas Hackman, Simo Huotari, Venus Keus, Waldemar Kulig, Tuire Savolainen, Lucille Turc, Ilpo Vattulainen, Aleksi Vuorinen and David Weir.
· Wellbeing in general
· What is the purpose of this Wiki web page?
· Who are we, and why each of us is here in this team?
Having a good life at work and outside office
· Entertainment in terms of physics and chemistry seminars/colloquia
· Would you like to render our family happy by organizing social events? Here are instructions.
· Links to life in Helsinki (movies, City of Helsinki, Ballet, Arts Exhibitions)
· Do you have second-hand stuff to buy or cell? Use the university service.
Other important stuff
· Is any important theme missing from above, let us know, or provide this information here! We are open to suggestions!
|Page Tree Search|
departmental wellbeing groups support and improve work well-being. The well-being groups’ role is to increase the community spirit and support the integration of new employees by e.g. planning recreational activities as agreed with the Head of Department. The groups’ role is also to raise awareness of wellbeing issues, monitor the well-being of the community members, and share best practices. Wellbeing group can also deal with other issues, if so agreed on with the Head of Department.
We were established in connection with the wellbeing survey in 2017, with a remit to cover the Department of Physics and HIP on the Kumpula campus. We act as a point of first contact for any difficult situations an employee might have, and advise how to solve problems with work wellbeing. We organise the Physics Department Colloquium to foster social networking and to promote fascinating science. We also organise events, provide information for the wellbeing surveys, analyse the results of those surveys, and develop the Department of Physics Wellbeing Plan. We report from our activities directly to the steering group of the Department.
This wiki page is for most important information that an employee might need.
Feel free to contact us!
Currently active members:
- Dr. Eleanna Asvestari (Chairperson), Postdoctoral Researcher, EN, GR, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doc. Ejia Tuominen (Peer support group leader), Chief Engineer, FI, EN, email@example.com
- Dr. Anne Virkki, Academy Fellow, FI, EN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Karppinen, HR Specialist, FI, EN, email@example.com
- Amina Djurabekova, Doctoral Researcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Dimitrios Irodotou, Postdoctoral Researcher, EN, GR, email@example.com
- Dr. David Weir, Assoc. Professor, EN, FI, firstname.lastname@example.org
Former group members:
(Thank you for your contribution!)
- Waldemar Kulig, University Lecturer email@example.com
- Flyura Djurabekova, Professor, EN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harriet George, PhD student, EN, email@example.com
- Outi Haapanen, PhD student, FI, EN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Hackman, University researcher, SV, FI, EN, email@example.com
- Simo Huotari, Professor, FI, EN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucile Turc, University researcher, FR, EN, email@example.com
- Ilpo Vattulainen , Professor, FI, EN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aleksi Vuorinen, Professor, FI, EN, email@example.com
- Minna Palmroth, Professor, FI, EN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Weir, Assoc. Professor, EN, FI, email@example.com
- Tuire Savolainen, HR Specialist, FI, EN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oliver Gould, Postdoc, EN, no longer at UH
- Venus Keus, Postdoc, EN, no longer at UH
|Page Tree Search|