- Phase contrast images (time lapse) are pre-processed to find cells - not necessarily the nucleai, but any part.
- Cell parts are divided in to "left" and "right" group by clustering the x-coordinate with k-means.
- The cell frontiers are resolved with alpha-shape.
- The gap area is calculated for each time point
- A model is subjected to the data. The model expects that there is a constant decline in the area until it reaches a minimum, and stays constant at that level.
- The time of gap closure is found.
Video of the segmentation