MSV-ME515, MSV-ME525, MSV-ME535
Scope of the module in credits
15, 25 or 35 credits
Teacher coordinating the module
Professor Suvi Keskinen
Module learning outcomes
The goal of the study module is that the student can:
- Understand and critically reflect on current debates on ethnic relations, migration and (anti-)racism.
- Understand and critically examine the dynamics in ethnic relations and racism, as well as the causes and consequences of international migration.
- Critically review the ideologies embedded in and the implementation of multicultural and integration policies in the Nordic welfare states and their impact on different groups in society.
- MSV-ME301 Introduction to Migration, Ethnicity and (Anti-) Racism
- MSV-ME302 Current Research in the Field of Ethnic Relations
- MSV-ME303 Advanced specialized course in Ethnic Relations
- MSV-ME304 Dystopic Diversity? Narrating Migration in Populist Mobilization
- MSV-ME305 Lingustic minorities and interlingustic communication, with a special focus on Swedish in Finland
- MSV-ME306 Indigenous studies
- MSV-ME310 Thematic seminar in Ethnic Relations