Statistical software tools I and II, fall 2012
- 5 credits for the beginners course in period I
- 5 credits for the advanced course in period II
- Beginners course in period I
- R environment
- LaTeX / Beamer
- Octave / Matlab
- eventually JAGS
- Advanced course in period II
- High performance / parallel computing in R with C++
- Efficient programming
- Large data sets
- The minimal prerequisites for the beginners course include an interest in programming and basic knowledge of statistics.
- The minimal prerequisites for the advanced course include mastering of the R environment, an interest in high performance / parallel computing with R as well as basic knowledge of statistics.
- A laptop would be desirable so that all software can be easily installed.
Periods I and II, Monday 12-14 and Wednesday 12-14 in computer class room C128.
- Beginners course in period I: Mid-course exam and presentation at the end of period I
- Advanced course in period II: Project work
Did you forget to register? What to do.