Wiki-palvelun osoite wiki.helsinki.fi muuttuu wiki-emerita.it.helsinki.fi -osoitteeksi 4.12.2023 – katso lisätietoja tiedotteestamme: https://flamma.helsinki.fi/s/1uCkV
The Wiki address wiki.helsinki.fi will change to wiki-emerita.it.helsinki.fi on 4 December 2023 – see more information on Flamma: https://flamma.helsinki.fi/s/sreoE
Wiki-tjänstens adress wiki.helsinki.fi ändras till wiki-emerita.it.helsinki.fi 4.12.2023 – läs mer i vårt meddelande: https://flamma.helsinki.fi/s/fe3MT
Statistical methods in medicine and epidemiology, fall 2011
The last lecture is on Tuesday (December 13). We start in
the computer class at 3:15 p.m. (see an extra R exercise below;
we will do this partly). After the computer class, a wrap-up
session in B120.
The second course exam will be on Thursday, December 15. We will
start at 4 p.m. sharp. The exam ends at 7 p.m. The exam will cover
the 2nd part of the course (see below for a detailed list of topics).
1. The binary model. Conditional probability. Bayes formula. (Chapters 1 and 2)
2. Likelihood function (Chapter 3)
3. Estimation of survival. The hazard function. (Chapters 4 and 5)
4. Time. Competing risks. Censoring. (Chapters 6 and 7)
5. Approximating likelihoods. Statistical paradigms. (Chapters 8, 9 and 10)
6. P values (Chapter 11)
8. Estimation of relative rates (Chapter 13)
9. Confounding. Stratification. Standardisation (Chapter 14 aand 15)
10. The lecture on confounding continued.
11. Case-control studies (Chapter 16)
12. Lecture. The lecture on case-control studies continued.
Data file (atresia.dat) The data matrix has 4 columns: individual ID, age at diagnosis, age at death or censoring,
failure indicator (1=death/0=censoring)
The first course exam is on October 18 (Tuesday) at 4-7 p.m. Please
note the date which has changed from Thursday (Oct 20) to Tuesday (Oct 18).
The second course exam is on December 15 (Thursday) at 4-7 p.m. The
exam covers lectures 12-19, exercise 6-9 and the following chapters
from the textbook:
Chapters 16, 17, 18 (except 18.2), 19, 21, 22, 23 (except 23.4),24, 25, 26,29, 30.
Did you forget to register? What to do.