Biometry and bioinformatics I, fall 2014
Scope, type and prerequisites
- 5 cr (-> 10 cr by additional work)
- Intermediate / advanced studies in statistics
At least basic courses on probability and statistical inference are assumed as prerequisites
Time schedule and content scheme and relationships to other courses
- Tuesdays 14-18 in computer class C128, Exactum
- I period. The first session will be 9.9
- The course consists of tutorial lectures during computer sessions, assignments initiated during computer session (completed during student´s own, additional, time).
- The spirit of the course is learning by doing (data-analysis) and reading scientific papers, rather than listening lectures. The general topic is: how to work with sequence data, collecting data from databases - the first steps which are need in the next course, Biometry and bioinformatics II. BB_II.
- Assignments 1, 2 and 3 to be submitted 7.10 at the latest. They will be inspected and commented. Assignments 4 and 5 to be submitted 13.10.
Computer session 9.9.14 in C128, 14.15 ->
The plan is that after this session you are prepared to start data collection to assignments 1 and 2. Next session, 16.9 is a tutorial session for data collection for these two assignments.
Computer session 16.9 in C128, 14.15 ->
Data-collection for assignments 1, 2 and 3.Assignment 3_ BB_I.pdf, Human mitochondrial genome database: http://www.mtdb.igp.uu.se/
Lecture session 23.9 in C128, 14.15 ->
Data-analysis session 30.9 in C128, 14.15 ->
Session 14.10 in C128,
Did you forget to register? What to do?