An Invitation to Quasiconformal Geometry and Nonlinear Elasticity, spring 2010
Basic knowledge of measure and integration and real analysis.
Foundations of functional analysis and Sobolev spaces.
Wednesday 14-16, D123
First lecture wednesday 20.1.
No lectures on February 3 - February 17.
Next lecture: February 24.
Some of the topics included will be:
- Analytical foundations of quasiregular mappings and differential forms
- Direct method of calculus of variations
- Sobolev mappings, geometry and topology
- Jacobian determinants and null Lagrangians
- Extremal mappings of energy integrals
- Free Lagrangians
Notes of the lectures will be provided.