I am currently a working at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Helsinki (PhD position funded by Domast). I am a member of the Biomathematics group at the University of Helsinki and of the CDLab (Computational Dynamics Laboratory) at the University of Udine.
I completed my doctoral degree in October 2018, under the supervision of Mats Gyllenberg (Univ. Helsinki), Rossana Vermiglio (Univ. Udine, Italy), and Odo Diekmann (Univ. Utrecht, the Netherlands). My doctoral dissertation is available at https://helda.helsinki.fi/handle/10138/241217
I am applying the pseudospectral discretization approach to generic nonlinear delay equations, in order to investigate the bifurcation properties of delay equations (renewal and delay-differential) with standard software for ODEs.
In particular, I am now extending the approach to equations with infinite delay and state-dependent delay. I am interested in applying the method to relevant test problems.
Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about my research.
- Andò A., Breda D., Liessi D., Maset S., Scarabel F., Vermiglio R. 15 or so of pseudospectral collocation methods for stability and bifurcation of delay equations. Submitted.
- Getto Ph., Gyllenberg M., Nakata Y., Scarabel F. Stability analysis of a state-dependent delay differential equation for cell maturation: analytical and numerical methods. Submitted.
- Gyllenberg M., Scarabel F., Vermiglio R. (2018). Equations with infinite delay: numerical bifurcation analysis via pseudospectral discretization, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 333, 490–505.
- Breda D., Diekmann O., Liessi D., Scarabel F. (2016). Numerical bifurcation analysis of a class of nonlinear renewal equations, Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, 65, 1–24.
- Breda D., Diekmann O., Gyllenberg M., Scarabel F., Vermiglio R. (2016). Pseudospectral discretization of nonlinear delay equations: new prospects for numerical bifurcation analysis, SIAM Journal on applied dynamical systems, 15(1), 1–23.
- Introduction to Mathematical Biology, fall 2016. Lecturer: Eva Kisdi
- Mathematical modelling, fall 2015. Lecturer: Stefan Geritz
- Spatial models in ecology and evolution, spring 2015. Lecturer: Eva Kisdi
- Introduction to mathematical biology, fall 2014. Lecturer: Eva Kisdi
Osoite: PL 68 (Pietari Kalmin katu 5)
00014 Helsingin yliopisto
Adress: PB 68 (Pietari Kalmin katu 5)
00014 Helsingfors universitet
Address: P.O. Box 68 (Pietari Kalmin katu 5)
FI-00014 University of Helsinki