Bayesian Analysis For the Live Sciences
University of Oulu, November 4th 2008
- Exercise 1: What do we Mean by Probability?
- Lecture 1: What is Probability?
- Lecture 2: Bayesian Inference: The Basics
- Lecture 3: Multiple Parameters
- Lecture 4: MCMC
- Exercise 2: Thinking about hierarchical structures
- Lecture 5: Hierarchical Models
- Lecture 6: Missing Data and Prediction
- Mick McCarthy: Bayesian Methods for Ecology (Amazon): A simple basic introduction to Bayesian ideas.
- Gelman & Hill: Data Analysis Using Regression and Multilevel/Hierarchical Models (Amazon): A very good comprehensive introduction to hierarchical models, pitched at a fairly basic level.
- Gelman et al.: Bayesian Data Analysis (Amazon): A more advanced text, but full of lots of useful ideas.