Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Instructions for foreign visitors

Before you come to Finland (Eu citizens)

European health insurance card

EU-citizens: The European health insurance card has to be applied for from the original home country.

When you have arrived in Finland

Immigration Formalities (residence permit, visa etc.)

See the web page Immigration Formalities

Social security number, social security card, tax card

Visit the In To Finland service point.

Remember to take with you:

  • Passport
  • Work certificate
  • Residence permit from the Immigration Police

Personal travel card

In order to use public transport services in the capital area of Finland it is useful to acquire a Personal Travel Card. With this you can by seasonal tickets and also single tickets for a lower price. You can visit the HSL (Helsinki city transport) for the travel card.

Contact information of HSL
More information on the personal travel card

Remember to take with you:

  • Passport
  • Certificate from Register office for the Personal travel card

Bank account

If you need to open a Finnish bank account for your salary, please read the following instructions:



  • No labels