What we do?
IT for Science group provides support for scientific computing and applications in Faculty of Science and Institute of Biotechnology.
IT for Science is reponsible for
- Development and maintain high performance computing environments in the University of Helsinki
- Development of University's Cubbli linux distribution
- Consulting and support services for researchers in the area of computing hardware, softwares for scientific computing, programming environments for scientific computing, data management, storages and some services produced by CSC
- Data science, machine learning and deep learning environments and infrastructures
- Version control system https://version.helsinki.fi
We also work with coordination of data support of the university, VDI-environments, legacy systems and some other research related IT issues.
How to contact us?
- IT for Science group can be contacted through University's Helpdesk, from where relevant tickets are forwarded to us.
- You can send requests directly to the group with email address it4science at helsinki.fi.
- You can chat with us using the university's jabber (click here for instructions): join the channel firstname.lastname@example.org