L'Oréal Fellowships for "outstanding women scientists"
- One Fellowship every second year is awarded to a Finnish woman scientist in recognition of important scientific research in the field of Biosciences.
- The Fellowship is attributed to a woman scientist having a doctorate.
- The Fellowship is attributed to a woman scientist aged 40 years or younger.
- The Fellowship cannot be attributed to the same person twice.
- The selected recipient is awarded her Fellowship in an official award ceremony be female postdoc researchers, who have already been awarded a PhD D.Phil.
Further details are available online from: http://www.loreal.fi/_fi/_fi/pdf/statement08.pdf
Contests and prizes from the EU commission
The European Union supports a number of science-related prizes. In addition to rewarding scientific excellence, these awards also seek to raise the profile and prestige of science and promote its popularity among citizens.