This documents the old logic. The new logic is documented in Finnish.
Owners, organisations and collections
Records in Kotka can contain, or be linked to another records containing data about
- owner-organization (name, abbreviation, address)
- organization (name, abbreviation, address)
- collection (name, abbreviation, hierarchy)
This page describes how/where these fields are used.
- Collection name of the direct collection the specimen belongs to
- Collection abbreviation of the direct collection the specimen belongs to
- Organization: Record owner organization level 2 name. (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET, UNATTAINABLE FOR EXTERNAL USERS)
Transaction (Loan) sheets
- Organization abbreviation of the record owner organization, if available (instead of user-selected abbreviation)
- From-address: Record owner organization level 1-4 names and address
- To-address: Correspondent organization level 1-4 name and address
Reasoning: Specimen collection abbreviations cannot be used, because single transaction may contain specimens from different collections.
Specimen view page
- Owner: Record owner organization level 1-4 name.
- Citation recommendation: level 1-2 name.