VILMA - Virtual laboratory for molecular level atmospheric transformations
This wiki functions as the intra of VILMA researchers. The web page of VILMA can be found at https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/vilma.
Virtual Laboratory for Molecular Level Atmospheric Transformations (VILMA) is a Centre of Excellence in Research funded by the Academy of Finland from 2022 to 2029. The project is carried out by the University of Helsinki, University of Eastern Finland, Tampere University and Aalto University.
The ten principal investigators of VILMA are:
- Hanna Vehkamäki (director - UH - TM - molecular level modelling of clustering)
- Theo Kurtén (vice director- UH - TM - computational atmospheric chemistry)
- Arkke Eskola (UH - E - radical reaction kinetics)
- Juha Kangasluoma (UH - E - experimental aerosol science)
- Kari Lehtinen (UEF - TM - aerosol dynamics and inverse modelling)
- Kai Puolamäki (UH - AI - artificial intelligence) - jobs available!
- Patrick Rinke (Aalto - AI - machine learning in materials science) - post-doc position available
- Matti Rissanen (TU - E - free radical oxidation chemistry)
- Siegfried Schobesberger (UEF - E - chemical ionization mass spectrometry)
- Mikko Sipilä (UH - E - mass spectrometry instrumentation development)
University codes: UH = University of Helsinki, UEF = University of Eastern Finland, TU = Tampere University, Aalto = Aalto University.
Topic codes: TM = theory and modelling of atmospheric transformations, E = experiments, AI = artificial intelligence and machine learning.
VILMA home page: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/vilma
For VILMAnauts only: Intra