Course page for Statistical Inverse Methods — Tilastolliset inversiomenetelmät
Advanced Course, 5 credits, PAP303, spring 2022, periods 3 and 4
We will start with remote teaching in period 3. Lectures and exercise sessions are held in Zoom, https://helsinki.zoom.us/j/65938511242. Lectures are on Mondays at 10:15. On period 4 the lectures will be at Exactum, D122, and exercises at Physicum, D117.
Lecturer: Antti Penttilä, you can contact me by e-mail, antti.i.penttila (a t) helsinki.fi, or room D310 in Physicum. Course assistant: Alex Rawlings, alexander.rawlings (a t) helsinki.fi.
Lectures and schedule
- 17.01. Introduction
- 24.01. Statistical inference
- 31.01. Statistical tests
- 07.02. Linear model
- 14.02. Linear model, non-linear model
- 21.02. ===NO LECTURE===
- 28.02. Non-parametric methods, multivariate methods
- 14.03. Multivariate methods (Note, still in Zoom)
- 21.03. Multivariate methods, Bayesian inference (Note, lectures on-site starting from this)
- 28.03. Bayesian inference, Monte Carlo methods
- 04.04. Monte Carlo methods, Markov chain Monte Carlo
- 11.04. Markov chain Monte Carlo
- 25.04. Artificial neural networks
The course handout follows previous years but is refined during the course. Latest version is distributed here, but be aware that I can update the material while we advance in the lectures.
Latest SIM'2022 handout (updated 25-04-2022)
See the Moodle page for the course for exercises, https://moodle.helsinki.fi/course/view.php?id=50091