Install VMware Horizon Client from Software Portal if you don't have it on your computer already
If you are using windows, you should have a vdi.helsinki.fi already added and you can jump to
"Connecting to connection server after adding it".
Add connection server
- Start VMware Horizon Client.
- Click "New server".
- Type server name "vdi.helsinki.fi".
- Click "Connect".
- Log in with university credentials.
Connecting to connection server after adding it
- Start "VMware Horizon Client"
- Double-click "vdi.helsinki.fi"
- Log in with university credentials if software asks it.
Connecting to the VM
After logging in to the connection server, you will be presented with a list of available VMs.
- Double-click "HELMI 3D VM".
- After the VM starts, you still need to log in to the Open IRIS agent, that is checking that you have a reservation for the machine. For this login you need to use your password for Open Iris.