- 4x/0.2 Plan APO Lamda, WD 20mm
- 10x/0.3 Plan Fluor, WD 16mm (pixel size 0.655 um)
- 20x/0.45 S Plan Fluor ELWD, WD 8.2-6.9mm
|Filter||Wavelengths||Shading correction plate|
Excitation: 377/50 nm
Emission: 447/60 nm
Dichroic: 409 nm
Excitation: 472/30 nm
Emission: 520/35 nm
Dichroic: 495 nm
Excitation: 562/40 nm
Emission: 624/40 nm
Dichroic: 593 nm
Excitation: 628/40 nm
Emission: 692/40 nm
Dichroic: 660 nm
Plate calibration is done in two steps:
- Measure variation of plate bottom thickness
- requires an empty plate
- Measure required exposure time for autofocus laser
- autofocus is based on the reflection of the laser from the plate and well bottom
- reflection from the well bottom depends on the refractive index of the mounting media
- requires a plate with relevant sample
The system has now these calibrated settings:
|Manufacturer||Plate model||Objective and mounting|
|Costar||3596 96-well||10x PBS|
|Falcon||353072 96-well||10x, water|
|Greiner||Cellstar 655 180 96-well||20x PBS|
|Nunc||Optical 96-well||10x, air|
|PerkinElmer||CellCarrier Ultra 96-well|
|PerkinElmer||ViewPlate 96-well||10x, PBS|
|PerkinElmer||CellCarrier Ultra 384-well||10x, PBS|
If you use any other plates, you need to bring two plates for the training:
- empty plate
- a plate with sample (and media in the wells with no sample)
Starting the system
- Power on the instrument.
- Start computer.
- Log in with account "Nano"
- Mount L: disk
- Double-click "lmu-L-disk" on the Desktop.
- In the command window, write your university username in the format ATKK\username, press Enter.
- In the command window, write your university password, press Enter.
- Start MetaXpress
- Double-click "MX" icon on the Desktop.
- Select your data source (named after your university username).
Troubleshooting network problems
- Check with LMU staff that you have correctly mounted the L-disk.
- If L-disk is not available, use the local F disk (selector is in the "Run" tab).
- Check if you can connect to your usual data source
- If your usual data source doesn't work, select data source zzz_<username>_local, which uses the local database. These data sources were created before the migration to the university database server, so new users don't have them (see b. below).
- You can also use the shared account MDCStore (see credentials), which uses the local database.
Shutting down the system
- Close software
- Disconnect L: disk (to delete login credentials)
- Start Menu → Computer
- Right-click Network Location lmu (L:)
- Select Disconnect
- Shut down computer
- Power off the instrument