The geo-hpcc computer cluster and storage node
geo-hpcc is a Hewlett-Packard computer cluster supplied by Atea Finland Oy. With 560 processor cores and over 6.5 terabytes of system memory, geo-hpcc is one of the most powerful high-memory computing systems in Finland. The hardware comprises
geo-hpcc runs Qlustar Linux 9.0, based on Ubuntu 14.04.
- Intel C/C++/Fortran compilers version 15.0.3
- GNU C/C++/Fortran compilers version 4.8.2
- MVAPICH2 version 2.1 (for both Intel and GNU compilers)
- Open MPI version 1.8.4 (for GNU compilers)
Data backup server
Data on geo-hpcc is automatically backed up incrementally using rsnapshot. The backup server hardware is listed below.
- 1 HP ProLiant ML350p server
- 1 2.40GHz Intel Xeon E5-2665 8-core CPU
- 32 GB DDR3 RAM
- 300 GB (RAID 1) local disk storage
- 20 TB (RAID 6) disk storage