The STAG (Structural geology, Tectonics And Geodynamics) seminar is a paper reading discussion paper about topics related to structural geology, tectonics, geodynamics and other related fields as guided by the interests of the participants. The seminar group meets once every other week to discuss recent papers related to the theme of the semester (see below). Participants are expected to have read the paper in preparation, and one member will present a short overview of the paper to start the discussion (more info about the format). The goal is to learn about both the scientific theme of the semester and how to dissect a scientific manuscript. Anyone with an interest in the discussion theme is welcome to attend.
Seminars take place on Wednesdays at 14:00-15:30 in room D501 of the Exactum.
- Winter 2023 - Geochronology of "old" rocks
- Winter 2022 - Paleoproterozoic tectionics
- Spring 2018 - Interactions between surface processes and mantle dynamics
- Fall 2017 - Subduction zone magmatism
- Winter 2017 - Divergent plate margins
- Fall 2016 - Rheology of the lithosphere
- Winter 2016 - Lithospheric delamination and lithospheric stability
- Fall 2015 - Interactions of climate and tectonics
- Winter 2015 - Climate, tectonics and geodynamics of the Andes