Dates / time: January 11-12 (Mon-Tue), 2016, 9 am to 5 pm.
Location: University of Helsinki, Department of Geosciences and Geography (Kumpula campus, Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2, Helsinki, Finland)
Course topics: An overview of the course topics and all course materials can be found on the course GitHub repository
Target audience: Geology and geophysics students and researchers.
- Basic knowledge of tectonic processes
- Interest and/or experience with computer programming (programming experience not required)
- Conceptual understanding of calculus and differential equations
Course format: Alternating hands-on use of modelling software and related topical lectures.
- Maximum number of participants is 18
- Preference will be given to students and those participating in the Nordic Geological Winter Meeting
- (Update 21/10/2015) Maximum number of participants now reached – course registration has closed.
Price: 0 € for students; other participants: 100 €
Use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the organizers.