The European Mathematical Society (EMS), jointly with the European Society for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology (ESMTB), has declared 2018 to be the Year of Mathematical Biology. The kick-off event of this year is organized by the Biomathematics Group of the University of Helsinki, as part of the Finnish Mathematical Days conference in Joensuu, Finland, 4-5 January 2018.
The conference will feature two plenary speakers of mathematical biology,
- Odo Diekmann (University of Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- Benoit Perthame (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France)
There will be a mathematical biology session throughout the conference, with invited speakers
- Barbara Boldin (University of Primorska, Slovenia)
- Jose A Carrillo (Imperial College London, UK)
- Fabio Chalub (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Julia Gog (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Josef Hofbauer (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Géza Meszéna (Eötvös University Budapest, Hungary)
A limited number of time slots for oral presentations are available, and the conference will also have a poster session. If interested in contributing to the Mathematical Biology session, contact first the session organizers at eva.kisdi[funny character]helsinki.fi. The conference registration is open. The deadline for registration is 20 December, but preference is given to early submissions to the mathematical biology session.