See the announcements of regular seminars and of the Biomathematics Days on separate pages.
The Year of Mathematical Biology 2018, a joint venture of EMS and ESMTB:
- The kick-off meeting of the Year of Mathematical Biology: EMS-Finnish Mathematical Society-ESMTB joint Mathematical Weekend, 4th-5th January 2018, Joensuu, Finland
- Models in Population Dynamics, Ecology, and Evolution, Leicester, UK, 9-13 April 2018
- ECMTB 2018, a joint conference of ESMTB and EMS, 23-27 July 2018, Lisbon
- The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2018, 19 - 26 August 2018, Turku
- also our Biomathematics Days will feature special programs (spring Biomathematics Day 21 May, more info soon)
- Modelling Biological Evolution 2017
4-7 April 2017, Leicester (UK)
- MPDE 2016: Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology
5-9 September 2016, Marseille (France)
- The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2016: STRUCTURED POPULATIONS
21 - 28 August 2016, Linnasmäki Conference Centre, Turku
- ECMTB 2016: Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical biology
11-15 July 2016, Nottingham (UK)
- The Mathematics of Life conference to celebrate the 60th birthday of Mats Gyllenberg
7-10 March 2016, Helsinki
- The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2014: DYNAMICS OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
17 - 24 August 2014, Linnasmäki Conference Centre, Turku
- ECMTB 2014: The 9th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology
June 15 - June 19, 2014, Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Dynamics Day, a full-day seminar on Wednesday 9 October 2013 in Kumpula, connected to the PhD defence of Chun Fang. The program is announced on the Centre of Excellence webpage.
- MPDE'13 - Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology conference
University of Osnabrueck, Germany, 26-29 August 2013
- Lecture by Simon Levin (Princeton University): Complex Adaptive Systems and the Challenge of Sustainability.
8 October 2012, 4pm, in Exactum, CK112.
- The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2012: THEORY OF SPECIATION
19 - 26 August 2012, Linnasmäki Conference Centre, Turku
- Intense course on numerical bifurcation analysis by Prof. Yuri Kuznetsov (University of Utrecht)
March 14-18, 2011, Kumpula campus, registration by email to eva.kisdi [funny character] helsinki.fi
- ECMTB 2011: The 8th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology
June 28 - July 2, 2011, Krakow (Poland)
- Nordic mathematical biology ("Pre-NordForsk") meeting: Forming a Nordic research network in mathematical evolutionary biology, 28 - 30 September 2010, Tjärnö (near Gothenburg)
- The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2010
22 - 29 August 2010, Linnasmäki Conference Centre, Turku
- FICS Summer School
17 - 19 August 2010
- CMPD 3: Conference on Computational and Mathematical Population Dynamics, May 31 - June 4, 2010, Bordeaux, France. More information: conference website.
- Department Colloquium by Karl Sigmund (University of Vienna)
26 May 2010
- The mathematics of Darwin's legacy: a two-day conference in Lisbon (Portugal), 23-24 November 2009. More information: conference website.
- Odo Diekmann (University of Utrecht) gives a lecture on 20 October 2008 (Mon) at 16.15 in lecture room D123: On delay equations and population dynamics. The lecture is hosted by FMS and the Centre of Excellence in Analysis and Dynamics.
- Analysis and numerics of population dynamics and epidemics models, 15-17 December 2008, Udine (Italy)
- Five lectures by Karl Hadeler, 29 September - 2 October 2008
- The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2008
(24 - 31 August 2008, Linnasmäki Conference Centre, Turku)
- European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology 2008 (Edinburgh)