Mathematics for Atmospheric-Biospheric Science 2017
AtMath kick-off conference
Levi, November 20-24 2017
The purpose of the conference is to bring together leading atmospheric scientists, biogeochemists and mathematicians interested in applications to foster the development of mathematical ideas and methods essential to any significant progress in the understanding of planetary problems.
The location, Levi, is a fell located in Finnish Lapland and is the largest ski resort in Finland. It is located it is located approximately 170 km (110 mi) north of the Arctic Circle.
atmath-info at helsinki.fi
Plenary Session Speakers:
- William Anderson (University of Texas at Dallas)
- Freddy Bouchet (ENS de Lyon and CNRS)
- Tan Bui-Thanh (University of Texas at Austin)
- David Glowacki (University of Bristol)
- Ronny Ramlau (Johannes Kepler University, Linz)
- Jochen Schenk (California State University Fullerton)
- Johanna Tamminen (Finnish Meteorological Institute)
- Eric Vanden-Eijnden (Courant Institute, NYU)