FOR THE MARCH 15 MEETING: We will finish the Etchemendy and Detlefsen papers, and start on Mancosu's.
Wednesdays at 14-16, room C124
Students will present a paper or book chapter during the seminar.
Papers and books (partial list):
- Tarski, A. 1983. ‘On the concept of logical consequence,’ pp. 409-420 in A. Tarski, Logic, Semantics, Metamathematics: Papers from 1923-1938, 2nd edition, John Corcoran (editor), J. H. Woodger (translator), Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing.
2. Etchemendy, J. 1990. The Concept of Logical Consequence, Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
2a. Etchemendy, J. 1983. ‘The doctrine of logic as form,’ Linguistics and Philosophy 6, 319-334.
2b. Etchemendy, J. 1988a. ‘Models, semantics and logical truth,’ Linguistics and Philosophy 11, 91-106.
2c. Etchemendy, J. 1988b. ‘Tarski on truth and logical consequence,’ Journal of Symbolic Logic 53, 51-79.
3. PAUL RUSNOCK AND MARK BURKE, "ETCHEMENDY AND BOLZANO ON LOGICAL CONSEQUENCE", in History and Philosophy of Logic, 31 (2010) 3-29
4. Detlefsen, M., "Critical Essay on John Etchemendy's The Concept of Logical Consequence," in the journal Philosophical Books, volume 34, January 1993
5. Mancosu, P. Fixed- versus Variable-domain Interpretations of Tarski's Account of Logical Consequence
6. Dag Westerstahl, From constants to consequence, and back
7. THE PROBLEM OF LOGICAL CONSTANTS, MARIO GO ́ MEZ-TORRENTE
8. What is a Logical Constant?
Author(s): Christopher Peacocke
Source: The Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 73, No. 9 (May 6, 1976), pp. 221-240
Did you forget to register? What to do?
Course feedback can be given at any point during the course. Click here.