Research of mathematics and statistics
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics has proved to be a stimulating research environment of several subjects of mathematical and statistical study, within which students through senior researchers constantly produce internationally high quality work. The active research is reflected in a variety of research activities: publications, meetings, societies etc. The department includes Rolf Nevanlinna Institute, which is an institute for applied research of mathematics and statistics.
The analysis and mathematical physics groups are parts of the centre of excellence Analysis and Dynamics (coordinated at the department). The Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems Research is also coordinated at the department.
By reading the home pages of the research groups you may become acquainted with the research made in the department.
Centres of Excellence
Conferences will be or have been organized in the University of Helsinki, if not otherwise stated.
- Noon-to-Noon Sauna Seminar of the FDPSS, December 12-13 2013
- XXII Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium 2013 August 5-9, 2013
- Workshop on Singular Integrals, Randomness and Weights, 29.-31.8.2012, Helsinki
- SF-180: Snapshots of Stochastics Frontiers at 180 Degrees, December 8-9, 2011, Helsinki, Finland
- Workshop on Random structures, growth processes and conformal methods, March 23-26, 2009 Helsinki, Finland.
- FSDONA, August 25-29, 2008, Helsinki, Finland
- FSDONA Workshop, August 22-24, 2008, Helsinki, Finland
- Finland-Japan Joint Seminar on Analysis, 27-29 August 2007, Helsinki, Finland
- Lars Ahlfors Centennial Celebration, 20-24 August 2007, Helsinki, Finland
- Second Baltic-Nordic Conference on Survey Sampling, 2.-7.6.2007, Kuusamo
- Seminar of the Center of Excellence of Geometric Analysis and Mathematical Physics, 15.-16.5.2006, Helsinki
- Quasiweekend, 2.-3.12.2005, Helsinki
- Stochastics in Finland (Stokastiikka Suomessa), 13-15 December, 2004, Exactum, auditorium CK112
- Visitor programme in mathematics 2005-2006
- Visitor programme in mathematics 2004-2005
- Logic Colloquium 2003, 14-20 Aug 2003
- Transformation Groups and Related Topics, 4-9 Aug 2003
- XIX Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium, 10-14 June, 2003, University of Jyväskylä.
- The 4th Dynstoch Workshop, 22-24 May 2003
- Virtual contents for mathematics.
- The Finnish-Estonian Colloquium "Recent Developments in Mathematics in Finland and Estonia", Tallinn Pedagogical University, Estonia, 27-29 May, 2002
- IV Lukuteorian päivät (IV Number Theory Days), 23-24 May, 2002
- Seminar on Partial Differential Equations and Metric Spaces, 13-24 May, 2002,