One of the main goals of The Centre of Excellence is to educate young researchers and to provide them a friendly, supportive and inspiring enviroment for their training and all research groups comprising The Centre of Excellence provides high quality education, both in theory and in applications. The Centre of Excellence works also in close collaboration with the Finnish Inverse Problems Society and Finnish Graduate School of Inverse Problems.
The Universities will have a new doctoral education system consisting of doctoral schools at the beginning of 2014. The objective is to improve doctoral education and enhance its international visibility. If you are looking for a topic to write your thesis in the field of inverse problems please contact one of the board members and apply to the doctoral program of the respective university.
The Finnish Inverse Problems Society
The Finnish Inverse Problems Society was founded in December 1997 and officially registered in June 1998. The mission of the society is to promote research activities within the field of inverse problems in Finland and maintain and improve the connections between the various research groups working in this area. The society is interdisciplinary in nature, bringing together the expertise in mathematical, physical and engineering sciences. What is more, the society seeks to build bridges between the academia and industry.
The activities of the society include the arrangement of annual national Inverse Problems Days, a tradition that dates back to 1995 when this small scale conference was first arranged. In this workshop, the researchers and graduate students from participating research groups present their recent or ongoing work.
For constantly lectured courses, see the home pages of institutions (links).
- D. Calvetti and E. Somersalo, An introduction to Bayesian scientific computing
- D. Colton and R. Kress, Inverse acoustic and electromagnetic scattering theory
- J. Feldman and G. Uhlmann, Inverse problems (partially completed textbook)
- V. Isakov, Inverse problems for partial differential equations
- A. Kachalov, Y. Kurylev, and M. Lassas, Inverse boundary spectral problems
- J. Kaipio and E. Somersalo, Statistical and computational inverse problems
- A. Kirsch, An introduction to the mathematical theory of inverse problems
- J. Mueller and S. Siltanen, Linear and nonlinear inverse problems with practical applications
- Inside out: inverse problems and applications, G. Uhlmann (editor)
- Inside out II: inverse problems and applications, G. Uhlmann (editor)
- New analytic and geometric methods in inverse problems, K. Bingham, Y. Kurylev, and E. Somersalo (editors)